You can add an icon to the toolbar in Excel 2011 for your Personal Workbook Macro. In an earlier post I created a short macro to imitate the Control+Home keyboard shortcut in Excel for Windows. You can add an icon to the toolbar to run that, or any other macro with a few quick steps.
- Right click on the toolbar and select Customize Toolbars and Menus… then
- Click the Commands tab, then
- Scroll down and select Macros from the Categories pane, and
- Drag the Custom Button with a smiley face to the toolbar, then
- Click OK to get rid of the dialog box.
Change the Smiley Face Image
If you don’t like the smiley face icon staring back at you want to change it (like I did) that’s easily done as well.
Use a Custom Image for the Toolbar Button
The icon list is rather short and pathetic, but you need not restrict your choices as Excel allows you to copy and paste an image into the button face. Here is how I changed my smiley face image.
Move Your New Macro Button
In case you didn’t get your button located in the right place on your toolbar when we first started this exercise, the button is easily moved.